Terms and conditions of entry to the #AstleyGNRSignSelfie competition 2021:
1- The promoter is: Astley Signs Limited (company no. 02495862) whose registered office is at Redforrest House, Queens Court North, Earlsway, Team Valley NE11 0BP, United Kingdom.
2- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over except employees of Astley Signs Limited and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
3- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via http://www.astley-uk.com/selfiecompetition
6- Entry into the competition will be via Facebook and via email to email@example.com
7- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
8- The competition will run from the 25th August 2021 at 12.01am GMT and will close on 12th September 2021 at 11.59pm GMT. Entries that are submitted before the opening time and after the closing time will not be entered in the Competition.
9- Deficient entries: Astley Signs Limited reserves the right to reject any entries that are inaudible, incomplete, incomprehensible, damaged or otherwise deficient. Astley Signs Limited also reserves the right to reject entries that are unlawful or which we consider to be otherwise harmful to the goodwill and reputation of our brand. We accept no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including but not limited to postal items or emails not received due to technical disruptions, network congestion or any other reason. Proof of posting of any postal entry will not be proof of our receipt of that entry.
10- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
11- Rules of entry: - entrants to take a photo of themselves in front of the Great North Run sign, clearly showing their face and the sign in the same photograph.
- this photo ‘selfie’ to then be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org AND posted on the entrant’s Facebook page using the hashtag #AstleyGNRsignselfie
- all qualifying entrants (fulfilling both requirements as listed above) will be allocated an entry ID and will be placed into a random draw that will take place within 28 days following the closing date.
- the winning entrant will be selected at random.
12- Photograph usage:
- entrants warrant that they are the person in the photograph or have prior approval from the person in the photograph that it may be submitted as part of their entry;
- entrants agree that we have the right to publish and communicate to the public the Photographs in any media (including but not limited to online) at all times without restriction or limitation throughout the world and not only for the purposes of the Competition;
- entrants acknowledge that we may edit the Photographs in our sole discretion;
- entrants agree that we have the right to use entrants’ first names, likenesses, county and age in conjunction with the Photographs;
- entrants agree not to bring against us any actions, suits, claims and demands us any respect of defamation or any infringement or violation of any personal and/or property rights of any sort from our use of their Photographs;
- entrants unconditionally waive their right to seek or obtain an injunction to prevent or restrict our use of the Photographs
3- Copyright: by entering this competition all entrants:
- assign to us all rights (including present and future copyright) in their entry in all media (including, without limitation, the internet) and whether in existence now or created in the future; - agree not to assert any moral rights in respect of their entry (wherever and whenever such rights are recognised) against us, our assigns, licensees and successors in title;
- undertake to us that their entry is not in breach of any third party intellectual property rights and will not contain anything, which is defamatory, indecent, harassing or threatening and that they will indemnify us for any loss, damage or liability arising should this turn out not to be true. If relevant, we reserve the right, but not the obligation (and without limiting entrants’ warranty and indemnity as set out above), to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by the entrant and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same; and
- confirm that they have the right, power and authority to grant the rights set out above and that they have obtained all consents and permissions necessary to grant us the same.
14- Astley Signs Limited reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the Promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
15- Astley Signs Limited is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
16- The prize is as follows:
- One (!) x £250 will be donated to the winner’s chosen charity. This prize will only be paid directly to a UK registered charity and will not be paid to the winner directly.
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
17- The winner will be chosen at random from all entries received and verified Astley Signs Ltd. 18- The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Facebook and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
19- Astley Signs Limited will require the winner to provide the details of their chosen charity to pay the prize directly to. This charity needs to be an official UK registered charity. Payment will not be made to the winner directly.
20- Astley Signs Limited’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
21- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by [English] law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of [England].
22- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
23- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: email@example.com
24- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
26- Astley Signs Limited shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
27- Astley Signs Limited also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.
28- Failure to enforce Terms and Conditions: A failure by us to enforce any one of these terms and conditions in any instance(s) will not give rise to any claim or right of action by any entrant or prizewinner, nor shall it be deemed to be a waiver of any of our rights in relation to the same.
29- Astley Signs Limited GDRP Policy is available on request to: firstname.lastname@example.org